Wednesday 30 October 2013

Goshusho-sama Ninomiya-kun (Good luck Ninomiya-kun)



I watched this anime years ago and loved it, but forgot what it was called. So when I was looking for  a new anime to watch I was surprised when I realised I recognised the story!

Our main character is Shungo, a seemingly normal high school student. One day his sister sends Mayu to live with him. Mayu is a Succubus, meaning she a the incredible power of being irresistible to men, and could kill them with just a kiss. However Mayu is hopeless when it comes to her power, she has no idea how to control it, and to make matters worse she has a terrible phobia of men (androphobia). Mayu was sent to live with Shungo to help her overcome her fear and gain some power over her Succubus powers. How could living with a boy help you ask? well not only does she have to live with him but she also has to sleep and bathe with him while her brother and Shungo's sister make them participate in explicit 'tests'

Another key character is Reika, a hard headed girl who also ends up living with Sungo and becoming his maid. There are many twists to this story. not only a love triangle but it appears that these thee have met before and their relationships go deeper than even they are aware of.

Once I started watching this I couldn't stop and ended up watching every episode in one go. I love the love triangle story and there are some funny scenes concerning that awkward teenage sexual tension everyone has experienced (although maybe not so explicit haha). Other than having that 'slice of life' element I love an anime with air of magic or darkness, and this has both.


What do you think?
さようなら

No comments:

Post a Comment