Friday 1 November 2013

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou


This anime is one with quite a lot of depth to the story line, so I will try to explain the story as simply as possible.

The story revolves around a group of girls with the powers of the elemental tarot. They use these powers to defeat the Daemonia (Demons who use the Diablos tarot to trick humans into becoming their puppets through their weaknesses.) These girls are not only faced with the difficult task of killing these Daemonia but also an internal struggle to whether they really are saviours. There is no way to save the humans who have been taken over and they die along with the daemonia.

The concept of the girls powers reminded me a lot of Tokyo Mew Mew (as each girl seems to be bound to a single tarot like the girls in Tokyo Mew Mew are different animals) When I realised these stories were somewhat similar I was excited to watch this and Tokyo Mew Mew was one of the first Anime's I watched and remains one of my favourites.

To be honest in the case of this Anime, it took me a few episodes to really get into it and get excited for what was to come in the next episode, but as more and more character backgrounds were revealed I really began to enjoy the series. Although in the case of the character Luna I didn't feel so attached to her, I found her a bit creepy in all honesty and therefore don't think some events had the affect they were meant to on me.

It takes about half of the series for all of the characters to be developed but as the series is only 13 episodes this didn't feel excessive or dragged out. After the first half the story really moves on and the excitement begins. I really liked that a whole half of the series was dedicated to a big plot line as in some Anime's I find the real story only starts two or three episodes towards the end.


If you like Tokyo Mew Mew or Card Captors then I think you will really like this anime.

What do you think?
さようなら

No comments:

Post a Comment